Expert Integrative Care in Anchorage
Currently Accepting Referrals
We provide medical massage, comprehensive concussion care, as well as chiropractic and physiotherapy treatments for your patients.
We work with many different providers around the Anchorage area.
MEDICAL MASSAGE IN ANCHORAGE
Our award-winning team of massage therapists is specially trained to address musculoskeletal disorders. If your patient would benefit from skilled, condition guided, medically oriented massage therapy, fill out our patient referral form. Please include your patient’s diagnosis and the frequency of the treatment.
Why your patients will love us:
- Twice voted Best of Alaska Platinum Award for Massage Therapy, 2019 and 2020.
- Eight experienced Licensed Massage Therapists to choose from.
- Lymphatic drainage and myofascial release certified therapists.
- In network with all major insurance carriers.
- Conveniently located in midtown Anchorage.
See what patients like yours are saying about Excellence in Health:
“Fantastic service all around. I have seen multiple LMTs at this location and I have to say that they were all wonderful.”
“This clinic has been such help in my life I would recommend Excellence in Health to anyone in the world. Thanks, you guys!!!!!”
“Staff was kind and professional, facility is great, I was treated like a person and not just a number. I never felt rushed. Thank you!”
COMPREHENSIVE CONCUSSION CARE
Excellence in Health Chiropractic & Rehab Clinic is proud to participate in the Complete Concussion Management Inc. (CCMI) Partnership Program - a network of clinics around the world offering evidence-based concussion care.
CCMI has thoroughly examined the existing and emerging research on concussion injuries and utilized the research to create an extensive training on treating concussion injuries. In conjunction with CCMI, we offer concussion treatment services & strategies to patients including:
- Exertional testing for sub-symptom threshold programs for persistent symptoms as well as confident return-to-sport readiness.
- Vestibular, oculomotor, and cervical spine rehabilitation.
- Balance, reaction time, visual processing, and neurocognitive testing, including pre-season baseline tests as well as post-injury testing.
- Objective electroencephalography/event-related potential (EEG/ERP) testing with neurologist interpretation for difficult cases.
- Dietary and nutritional interventions.
- Educational resources.
During the early stage following injury, a period of relative symptom limited physical and cognitive rest is recommended. Research suggests 24 to 48 hours; however, these decisions are made on a case-by-case basis.
Following rest, the International Consensus Statement on Concussion in Sport (2016) recommends a gradual increase in mental and physical activity supervised by a licensed healthcare practitioner trained in concussion management.
More than 30% of concussions progress to become persistent and chronic, known as Post-Concussion Syndrome (PCS). Excellence in Health Chiropractic and Rehabilitation Clinic is ready to work with your patients to find out what is causing their persistent symptoms and get them back to living their best life.
CHIROPRACTIC AND PHYSIOTHERAPY
We understand that sometimes it can be difficult recommending chiropractic care. Here at Excellence in Health, your patient will see a chiropractor trained in evidence-based conservative care approaches for musculoskeletal conditions.
Every patient is different, and we do more than just “adjust” the patient. We also utilize both passive and active physiotherapies, including office based and home rehabilitation exercise programs, nutritional recommendations, as well as cervical and lumbar spine traction when indicated.
We regularly treat the following conditions:
- Low back pain
- Neck pain
- Thoracic spine pain
- Cervical and lumbar radiculopathy/radiculitis
- Extremity pain (shoulder, elbow, wrist, hip, knee, ankle)
- Temporomandibular joint disorder
- Plantar fasciitis
- Peripheral mononeuropathy
- Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV)
Excellence in Health believes in integrative patient care and management. We know patients have better outcomes when their conditions are appropriately managed. We’re experienced with co-managing patients with different physicians and healthcare providers across the greater Anchorage area.
We look forward to working with you to achieve better patient outcomes.